PetsPAC will engage with pet owners across all 50 states to ensure that public officials hear the perspectives of pet owners. 65% of US households own pets, and lawmakers and agencies will respond to pet owners active engagement.
• augment the efforts of state VMA’s and other groups on the ground on key legislation.
• be a platform for animal health organizations and individuals to stay connected and informed on policy issues in all 50 states.
• reach out to pet owners on a regular basis as part of its mission, particularly through social media and grassroots outreach tools, to harness pet owner passion and interests in issue management with state legislatures and agencies.
• invest in social media and communications initiatives to support or defeat legislation.
• ensure that the pet owner and pet professional perspective is heard by public officials before important decisions are made.