PetsPAC will engage with leaders in animal health, veterinary and pet organizations across all 50 states to ensure that public officials hear the pet professional perspective before important decisions are made.
• be a mechanism to develop grassroots support for pet-related issues and needs, reaching beyond veterinary, pet and animal health professionals, encouraging elected officials around the country to interact with leaders in animal health, veterinary and pet organizations to better understand industry concerns, as well as their contribution to American economies and society.
• be able to receive contributions from non-veterinarians and veterinarians alike, plus direct corporate contributions in the vast majority of states, enabling animal health organizations to be engaged without requiring an individual company to bear the load or be publicly identified.
• concentrate exclusively in state legislatures and agencies, not federal issues. Most pet, veterinary and animal health issues and controversies occur in the states, not Washington, DC.
• support state VMA and other local organizations in legislative or agency issues.
• occasionally make campaign contributions to political candidates with a pro-pets and pro-pet healthcare agenda, contributing to state and local political action committees, including state VMA PAC’s.
• retain experts to testify in legislatures and agency and help public officials make good decisions.
• ensure that the pet owner and pet professional perspective is heard by public officials before important decisions are made.